- This event has passed.
AARP Rural Caregiving Webinar
October 20 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT
You are invited to the second in AARP’s series of virtual conversations on the needs of rural family caregivers. We hope you will join us on Tuesday, October 20 at 1 p.m. Central as AARP staff and partners from Oklahoma and South Dakota and the Center to Champion Nursing in America to discuss their approach to reaching rural family caregivers among the Native American population. In addition, These conversations are intended to provide participants with an opportunity to share promising practices and will inform AARP’s work to support family caregiving. We hope that these presentations will raise important issues facing families in rural communities and will promote share promising. The event will include insights from:
- Karla Abbott, Associate Professor of Nursing, Augustana University
- Erik Gaikowski, State Director, AARP South Dakota
- Winifred Quinn, Director of Advocacy and Consumer Affairs at AARP Center to Champion Nursing in America
- Mashell Sourjohn, Associate State Director of Community Outreach, AARP Oklahoma
- Aiteah Stephens, State Director, Sooner SUCCESS
Following the presentations, we will open the floor for a Q&A session and discussion on scaling these best practices for other rural populations and communities.