- This event has passed.
Be Kind to Your Mind Contest for Mental Health Awareness Month
May 1 @ 8:00 am - May 26 @ 5:00 pm CDT
Celebrate Mental Health Awareness Month by creating a short video about caregiver self-care routines, mental health, advocacy, and/or self-awareness and submit it to Alabama Respite by May 31 for a chance to win one of four great caregiver prizes (one from each category below)!
iMovie, SnapChat, TikTok…anything goes! Get creative and have fun while raising awareness of caregiver mental health!
Thank you to our sponsors of and partners in this contest: Amedisys Home Health and Colorado Respite Coalition, a program of Easter Seals Colorado.
1. Self-Care Routine: Show us the self-care routine you use as a caregiver to maintain your personal mental health. How do you connect with yourself?
2. Mental Health: What is your relationship with your mental health? How does mental illness impact your daily life?
3. Advocacy: Highlight the advocacy work you are doing to normalize conversations around mental health and caregiving. How do you connect with this message?
4. Self-Awareness: Share your personal perspective as a caregiver with mental illness. How does self-awareness impact your quality of life?
1. You must be age 19 or older to enter.
2. Videos must be family-friendly.
3. By submitting your video, you are giving permission for your video to be shared online for the purpose of caregiver mental health awareness. (See disclaimer below)
How to enter:
Share your video via Google Drive at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a shareable video link (via YouTube or other online platform) to email@example.com. Include your first and last name, email address, mailing address, and which category (1-4) your video is being submitted for.
How to win:
Winners will be determined by an online community vote. Once you submit your video, please share to your social media platforms and use the hashtag #mayismentalhealthawarenessmonth. Winners will be notified by email June 1, 2020.