“Increasing access to and availability of high quality respite resources for all caregivers in Alabama”
Alabama Lifespan Respite Resource Network® (Alabama Respite) is a statewide program of United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville and Tennessee Valley, Inc. (UCP Huntsville). Our statewide programs and services include:
- Respite reimbursement services (planned and emergency);
- Free online/onsite caregiver education opportunities, including quarterly respite clinics, co-hosted events with caregiver agency partners, and virtual reality experiences;
- Caregiver respite awareness, including presentations and exhibits at conferences and community events, as well as lunch and learns with groups, organizations, churches, and agencies that serve family caregivers;
- Caregiving Wellness Initiative supports, including free mental health counseling stipends, monthly caregiver support meetings, one-on-one Care Chats, and more;
- Free CareAcademy respite provider online training (8 hours with certificates of completion);
- Quarterly CARE (Caregiver and Agency Resource Exchange) meetings with statewide agency representatives;
- Respite resource information and referrals for caregivers;
- Statewide calendar of caregiver education opportunities and events;
- Monthly caregiver newsletter;
- Technical assistance for startup or expansion of community-based respite services; and
- State, local, and federal advocacy.
866-RESTALA (866-737-8252) is Alabama Respite’s toll free number for easy access for caregivers and providers seeking additional information.
GIVE ME A BREAK! is a brochure outlining how Alabama Respite is making respite resources readily available and easily accessible for all caregivers in Alabama.
ALABAMA RESPITE SERVICES is a quick, concise brochure outlining our services and contact information, along with interesting facts about respite and how you can help.