Helping Those Who Care
Alabama Respite offers Helping Those Who Care, a family caregiver education opportunity that introduces aging caregivers statewide to simple technology solutions to:
- Promote care recipient independence
- Allow care recipients to stay in the home longer
- Provide an enhanced quality of life for the aging caregiver and care recipient.
Helping Those Who Care offers one-hour trainings for aging caregivers online and onsite throughout Alabama at cooperating agencies. Call 256-859-8300 today to schedule a training or to find one near you!
- Free classes for aging caregivers
- Caregiver assistance stipend for class participants
- Free assistive technology item/daily living aid for class participants
- Caregiver resource assistance by phone or email Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., (normal business days)
For more information or to schedule trainings, call 256-859-8300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for additional resources Pinned to the Helping Those Who Care Pinterest Board!
Robotic Companion Pets
If you are the caregiver of an individual with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or memory loss, robotic companion pets are available to help provide comfort and interaction for your loved one and respite for you. Learn more at Joy for All or call Tracy 256-859-8300 to learn more!