Alabama Lifespan Respite is excited to offer a free basic respite provider training opportunity through CareAcademy for unskilled, in-home respite providers to be better prepared to deliver planned and emergency respite services to the families they serve.
Alabama Lifespan Respite is offering eight (8) hours of free basic care provider training for up to 25 individuals per month, which includes the opportunity to earn class completion certificates.
Mobile-friendly classes, designed by industry experts and offered through an easy-to-use video training platform, are available with Closed Captioning in English and Spanish through CareAcademy.
Participants can use earned certificates to reassure caregivers and care recipients that they have completed training and are ready to provide quality care.
Examples of CareAcademy classes include:
- Working with an Aging Population
- Communicating with Older Adults
- Maintaining a Clean & Healthy Environment (Infection Control/Universal Precautions)
- Performing Basic First Aid During Medical Emergencies and Non-Emergencies
- Safety Precautions & Fall Prevention
- Assisting with Personal Care Through ADLs
- Assisting with Independent Living Through IADLs
- Basic Housekeeping Techniques
Classes begin on the first day of each month and end on the last day of each month. Participants have up to 31 days to complete classes at their own pace.
Caregivers may also apply for a reimbursement stipend to assist in conducting a criminal background check of a respite provider if they so choose. For more information, contact Elena Swan at email@example.com or call 256-859-8300. Apply online HERE.